Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hello all,

I need to apologize for not keeping my blog updated as much as I would have like to. It has been very busy but I am enjoying myself. Snow is here in Barrow and it is averaging around 5-10 degrees. I have been active with wrestling, choir, and of course teaching. It is getting dark up here so it is crucial that I do not become a couch potato. I am not worried about that. It has been so long since I posted that too much has happened that words cannot explain. So take a look at the pictures and the captions. Enjoy



















Fall Whaling















Wrestling Trip in Dillingham
















Field Trip in the US Coast Guard Airplane 4:30 pm on Saturday, November 6, 2009

















Fall whaling---the mouth of the bowhead USCG field trip



8th Grade
Bowhead Whale Fetus Dissection;
About five feet long



























Students working on the Alaska Model...

I hope all is going well...I will be updating the blog more often.

Love,

Tony

3 comments:

  1. Hey Tony Joe! Thanks for the pictures! (How does the saying go? "A picture is worth a thousand words"? So no need for narratives. It was good to visit with you today. We had a most beautiful weekend of temps in the 60's and lots of sun. Are you taking any Vitamim D? I hear that's a good one when sunshine is scarce. How's the social life up in Barrow? And how is choir going? We sure miss you, Tony. But I'm envious~ what an adventure you are having. I got a pair of hiking boots at a silent auction this week. I'm breaking them in for Denali. Hugs and kisses and lots of love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, Tony! The girls can't believe you are standing next to a whale. And it's so cool that I got to hear about the whale fetus science experiment on the radio & now I have a visual! Thanks for posting.

    Ditto Mom on the vitamin D. KC & I are on 2000 mg and the girls are on 1000 mg. I have to hide Natalie's vitamin in her food & 90% of the time she finds it. So she's probably more like 100 mg...

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see those pics, Tony. The wrestling tourney looks sweet and so does that model of Alaska. That whale is amazing. What is the thing that looks like the back of that one dinasour that gets eaten by the T-rex in Fantasia?

    Meigs, can you come to Eau Claire and hide my beer so I can't find it?

    Love,
    Tim

    ReplyDelete